Each Global Village Academy holds an International Day assembly once a month.
The purpose? To engage and excite our students in learning the history and cultural aspects of the chosen country.
- Assemblies are typically held on Fridays.
- Parents are encouraged to attend the International Day assemblies.
- Students learn facts about the "country" of the month during daily announcements.
- Selected classes perform for their classmates and parents through song, dance and short skits.
- Free Dress is allowed on International Days.
- We encourage students to dress in cultural clothing.
2019-20 International Days
- September- Philippines
- October- Switzerland
- November - Colombia
- December - Senegal
- January- No class performances, Chinese New Year Celebration
- February - No class performances, Black History Month
- March - Guatemala
- April- Hong Kong
- May-No International Day performance