Each Global Village Academy holds an International Day assembly once a month.
The purpose? To engage and excite our students in learning the history and cultural aspects of the chosen country.
Assemblies are typically held on Fridays and parents are encouraged to attend the International Day assemblies.
Students learn facts about the "country" of the month during daily announcements. Selected classes perform for their classmates and parents through song, dance and short skits. Free Dress is allowed on International Days. We encourage students to dress in cultural clothing.
- Grades K-2 (only) perform at 8:15 AM in East Campus Commons Area
- Grades 3-5 (only) perform at 9:40 AM in West Campus Gym
- Grades 6-8 (only) perform at 2:20 PM at West Campus Gym
2019-20 International Days
- September- Philippines
- October- Switzerland
- November - Colombia
- December - Senegal
- January- No class performances, Chinese New Year Celebration
- February - No class performances, Black History Month
- March - Guatemala
- April- Japan
- May-No International Day performance