Each Global Village Academy holds an International Day assembly once a month.
The purpose? To engage and excite our students in learning the history and cultural aspects of the chosen country.
Students learn facts about the "country" of the month during daily announcements. Selected classes perform for their classmates and parents through song, dance, and short skits. Free Dress is allowed on International Days. We encourage students to dress in cultural clothing.
Celebrations will be different in the 2020-21 school year, due to COVID-19. We will let families know what activity will take place for each celebration.
2020-21 International Days
- September 24, 2020: Brazil
- October 30, 2020: Guatemala
- November 19, 2020: Japan
- January 29, 2021: Chinese New Year
- February 2021: Black History Month
- March 25, 2021: Francophonie: The celebration of a united group of nations in which French is a first, official, or culturally significant language.
- April 30, 2021: Peru