Inclement Weather Procedures
Severe Weather Closures or Delays
GVA Aurora follows Aurora Public Schools Inclement Weather Policy.
- If APS is closed for the day, GVA-A will also be closed.
We do not follow the delayed start schedule with APS.
- All students are expected to arrive at the regular time every day.
During inclement weather, please check the following:
Media outlets notified include:
- Channel 4 (CBS4/KCNC Denver)
- Channel 7 (7 News KMGH)
- Channel 9 (9 News KUSA)
- Channel 13 (Fox 31)
In the event of a closure, GVA A will notify families using Bloomz, our website, and Facebook.
Assessing Inclement Weather
An assessment is normally completed by 5:30 am.
- This is done physically to experience the driving conditions in the district firsthand.
Indoor Pick Up
Indoor pickup occurs when the weather is too wet or cold to wait for parents outside.
- Proceed through the normal pick-up line.
- Students are seated inside, names are written down, and students are called and escorted out to their cars.
- Typically, the West Campus will be an outdoor pickup for at least the first 10 minutes.