Now Enrolling for Fall 2020!
Every Student Learns in English plus Spanish, Mandarin, or French!
No meetings are scheduled at this time. For more information, please contact Calvin McCoy, Dean of Admissions, at email@example.com.
Global Village Academy is a Tuition-Free, K-8th Grade Charter School
- Spanish, Mandarin, or French immersion model*
- Technology in every classroom
- Enriching after-school programs including Chess & Taekwondo
- Diverse student and faculty population
- World language taught by native speakers
- Engaging Middle School with Sports & International Trips
- Active & involved parent community
- How does language immersion work?
- What are the benefits of language immersion?
- Will my child fall behind in English?
- How do I help my kids with homework?
- Why is having native speakers as teachers important?
- What other things does GVA offer?
- Students spend 4 days out of 5, Kindergartners learn all their subjects in their target language (French, Mandarin or Spanish) and 1 day in English.
- Students spend 3 1/2 days in their target language) and 1 1/2 days in English.
- Students alternate days between their target language and English. 1 full day in their target language, the next full day in English.
- We refer to this as the A/B program.
- Students have an hour a day in their target language but we hope to increase their time next year.