Participation in the contest is prioritized for Colorado students who are enrolled in a bilingual or dual language program in which academic instruction is provided in both English and Spanish or in English and another language, or for secondary students who are pursuing the Seal of Biliteracy.
- Language: Essays may be written in English or another language. However, first place winners should be prepared to present their essays in both English and a second language at the CABE conference in Boulder on February 12th or 13th, 2019.
- Subject: All essays must address learning two languages and being proud to be bilingual.
Length of essays:
- Elementary, Grades 3 to 5: 250 word limit
- Middle School, grades 6 to 8: 500 word limit
- High School, grades 9 to 12: 750 word limit
Prizes will be awarded to first ($100), second ($50) and third ($25) place winners of each category!