2020-21 Back to School Plans
July 31, 2020 Principal Message and in Spanish
July 29, 2020 Beginning of the Year Virtual Start
July 28, 2020 Learn More Details About the GVA Virtual Learning Program
July 27, 2020 Video Message from the Principal
July 23, 2020 Remote Learning Information and Survey
As our GVA schools prepare for the new school year in August, we are developing a variety of educational options to educate students while keeping safety a top priority for students, staff, and the community. We value the feedback we have received from families and have thoughtfully considered all comments, suggestions, and concerns.
As we prepare a variety of scenarios for learning options for returning to school in the fall, we are also considering a 100% online dual language immersion program for students and families who are not ready or able to go back to school. GVA Virtual online immersion program would be a 100% online education option. Our GVA Virtual teachers, or remote learning specialists, would teach a dedicated online class and provide daily interactions and support. This option would also help alleviate the classroom teachers' workload from having to manage their face-to-face classroom and support online learners at the end of the school day.
This consideration is contingent on the number of students interested in this option to ensure we have a sustainable plan for the entire school year. We are fortunate to be part of the Global Village Academy Collaborative. We have three campuses (Aurora, Douglas County, and Northglenn) of students that can enroll in one online learning program. Our dedicated online instructors will be teachers from all three campuses who will commit to being remote learning specialists and collaborate to provide a robust, standards-based remote learning program that aligns with our mission and vision of our dual language immersion schools.
We understand 100% online learning is new to many of our students and their families. Our team will support smooth transitions to online education for families by maintaining familiar learning routines of an elementary school while harnessing some of the flexibility that online learning can offer. Relationships, not technology, would drive our approach. We will utilize technology in age-appropriate ways to support robust learning outcomes for students while focusing on building and sustaining relationships that invite and engage students in authentic immersion learning will be at the heart of our approach.
July 23, 2020 Principal Video Message
July 16, 2020 Video Messages
July 9, 2020: Back to School Plans
- 1/2 Day - Kindergarten and 4th Grade First Day
- All other Grade Levels First Day
- No School - Kindergarten and 4th Grade
- 1/2 Day- All other Grade Levels
- Daily temperature checks for all students, parents, and staff (anyone with a fever will not be allowed to stay).
- Hand-washing stations will be added throughout the school (in Hallways)
- Classrooms will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Bathrooms and other common areas will be cleaned and sanitized often during the day.
- Regular hand washing will be required and encouraged.
- Strict social distancing protocols will be established for common areas (lobby, hallways, bathrooms, etc.)
- 1/2 día – Primer día para Jardín de Niños y 4to Grado
- Primer día para todos los demás Grados
- No hay clases: Jardín de Niños y 4to Grado
- 1/2 día – Todos los demás Grados
- K-5o 8:00 am-3:00 pm
- 6o-8o 8:00 am-3:15 pm
- Controles diarios de temperatura para todos los estudiantes, padres y personal (no se permitirá quedarse a nadie con fiebre)
- Se agregarán estaciones de lavado de manos en toda la escuela (en los pasillos)
- Las aulas se limpiaran y desinfectarán diariamente
- Los baños y otras áreas comunes se limpiarán y desinfectarán a menudo durante el día.
- Se requerirá y alentará el lavado regular de manos.
- Se establecerán protocolos estrictos de distanciamiento social para las áreas comunes (vestíbulo, pasillos, baños, etc.)