Parent Information Meetings
Every Student Learns in English plus Spanish, Mandarin, or French!
- October 20, 2021, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- November 17, 2021, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- December 15, 2021, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- January 19, 2022, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- February 16, 2022, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- March 23, 2022, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- April 20, 2022, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- May 18, 2022, at 6:00 PM RSVP Here
- K-3rd Grade School Tours are on Thursday at 10:00 AM.
- 4th-8th Grade School Tours are on Thursday at 9:30 AM.
Global Village Academy is a Tuition-Free, K-8th Grade Charter School
- Spanish, Mandarin, or French immersion model
- Technology in every classroom
- Enriching after-school programs including Chess & Taekwondo
- Diverse student and faculty population
- World language taught by native speakers
- Engaging Middle School with Sports & International Trips
- Active & involved parent community
- How does language immersion work?
- What are the benefits of language immersion?
- Will my child fall behind in English?
- How do I help my kids with homework?
- Why is having native speakers as teachers important?
- What other things does GVA offer?
Kindergarten - 80/20
- Students spend 80% of their day in Kindergartners learning all their subjects in their target language (French, Mandarin, or Spanish) and 20% in English.
1st Grade - 70/30
- Students spend 70% of their day in their target language and 30% in English.
2nd - 5th Grade - 50/50
- Students alternate Week between their target language and English. 1 full week in their target language, the next full week in English.
We refer to this as the A/B program.
- Students have 30% a day in their target language following their AP (Advance Placement) track.
Our goal is for our students to achieve a higher level entrance in their target language by High School.