October 21, 2020
Dear Global Village Academy-Aurora Parents and Guardians,
We want to make you aware that a GVA-A 5th-grade student has tested positive for COVID-19. The student was last at school on October 20, 2020.
Based on guidance from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment and a public health investigation, we are quarantining the 4th and 5th-grade classes. Your 4th or 5th-grade student can return on Thursday 11/05/2020. The parents of the students directly impacted have been contacted directly. If you have not been contacted directly, you do not need to take any action. We are notifying you as part of our efforts to be transparent.
Any case of COVID-19 at GVA-A is investigated by our public health partners. As part of that public health investigation:
- The person diagnosed is kept home from school or work until they are no longer infectious.
- The person’s mask use, physical distancing and activities while infectious are assessed.
- The people who were in close contact with the person with COVID-19 are instructed to stay home from school for 14 days after the exposure. This is called quarantine.
If your student develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please inform your school nurse, and:
- Follow these isolation instructions.
- Continue to keep your student home from school and continue to avoid any activities around other people.
- Seek medical care and call your healthcare provider to inquire about testing for COVID-19 or Tri -County website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
All students and staff are reminded to follow district health and safety requirements to wear a mask, wash hands frequently and practice physical distancing to the greatest extent possible. If you or anyone in your household is exhibiting symptoms consistent with COVID-19, do not send your child to school. Seek medical care and COVID-19 testing.
We thank you for your partnership in the effort to keep students, staff and families healthy and safe this school year.
If you have questions related to school, please call the school main office 720-571-2303. If you have questions about COVID-19, please contact Tri-County Health Department at 303-220-9200.
Global Village Academy-Aurora