Interested in Being a Part of the BOD?
The Objectives of the GVA-Aurora Board of Directors are as follows:
- To ensure that the Mission Statement and Operating Contract (Mission Statement) between Global Village Academy-Aurora (GVA) and the Authorizing Public School District, Aurora Public Schools, are adhered to in all activities and decisions of the Board, staff, students, parents and GVA advisory committees. The Board of Directors will respond to the School Accountability Committee, whose members will report directly to the Board of Directors in giving advice for the ongoing development of the school.
- To serve as a final authority in matters affecting staffing, budget, curriculum, calendar decisions and GVA concerns, and to ensure that these are consistent with and promote the educational goals of the Mission Statement Operating Contract and official GVA policies.
- To encourage faculty, parents and students to be aware and responsive to the needs and concerns of GVA as a whole, and of the unique learning styles, challenges and talents of individual students.
- To act as the official voice of GVA with regard to public information, media contacts, and public relations.
- To adopt policy and procedures that will govern GVA. These policies and procedures will adhere to the Mission Statement.
Positions are appointed based on voting within the Board of Directors membership.
For additional information on the Board of Directors:
Board of Directors Application Materials:
Email application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org